Symposium 40 - Beijing, China, 24-27 June 2015
The 2015 INHIGEO conference will be held at the China University of Geosciences in Beijing, China.
The general conference theme will be “Geology and the Development of Economy and Society”. The symposia topics include:
1. Research on geological science and technological developemnt
2. History of mining development
3. Biographies of geologists
4. Conservation of geological relics
The associated field trips will be as follows:
Mid-meeting excursions (26 June 2015)
· Peking Man Site Museum, southern Beijing.
Post-meeting field trip (28 June 2015 -2 July 2015)
· East China: Mount Tai, Temple of Confucius, and several geothermal areas and mining areas.
Conference Circulars are attached. More information can be obtained at www.inhigeo2015.com
Symposium 41 - Cape Town, South Africa, 27 August - 4 September 2016
The 41st INHIGEO Symposium will be part of 35th International Geological Congress scheduled in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Second Circular is already available at www.35igc.org/Content/Downloads/35th_IGC_Announcement_SecondCircular.pdf
Abstract submission will open on 1 July 2015 with Registration commencing on 1 September 2015.
A “History of Geoscience” theme is listed under a Core Topic of “Geoscience and Society” with the INHIGEO Secretary General being the designated co-ordinator.
The historical symposia suggestions under the “History of Geoscience” theme for the 41st INHIGEO conference are listed as:
1. General contributions on the history of geology
2. Historical studies of Gondwana
3. Local understanding of geology
4. History of fossil man investigations
5. History of geology over the past 50 years
A field trip is being considered that caters primarily for INHIGEO members.
Otherwise a general day excursion focusing on history of geology to the “Sea Point contact” has also been planned for all Congress participants.
• 1 July 2015 - Opening of abstract submissions
• 1 September 2015 - 'Super Early-bird' registration opens
• 1 October 2015 - Third Circular released.
• 31 January 2016 - Abstract submissions close.
• 1 March 2016 - Fourth Circular released
• 31 March 2016 - Formal notifications to authors on their abstracts
• 1 May 2016 - Accommodation bookings close
• 1 July 2016 - Fifth Circular released - Preliminary Programme
The conference website is www.35igc.org
Symposium 42- Yerevan, Armenia, 12-18 September 2017
This conference is being planned as a 50th Anniversary INHIGEO conference.
The first meeting of INHIGEO was held in Yerevan in 1967 and this conference will be held at the Armenian Academy of Sciences in Yerevan, the same venue as the 1967 meeting.
Current conference themes being considered are:
1. 50 years of INHIGEO
2. Development of geological ideas and concepts
3. History of geology in Armenia
4. Ancient knowledge of stone and metals
5. Studies of historic and prehistoric evidences of seismic and volcanic activity
6. General contributions and biographies of famous geologists
Both mid conference and post conference field trips are being planned
For any questions please contact organising committee by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .